Job title: Dental Assistant - Park Ridge, Brooklyn
Company: NYU Langone Health
Job description: Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes eight primary care sites, 40 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. Learn more about , and interact with us on and .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Dental Assistant - Park Ridge, Brooklyn.
In this role, the successful candidate The Dental Assistant assists the dentist on all modalities of dentistry (operatory, oral surgeon, endodontics, periodontics, orthodontics, pediatric dentistry). Practice four-handed dentistry. The assistant also assumes the standards of care related to infection control; all OSHA guidelines & safety are upheld at the station they are assigned. The assistant exposes, develops and mounts radiographs properly, sets trays & prepares room before accepting or discharging a patient. They are expected to assure a patients comfort while waiting for the dentist. The assistant is responsible to sterilize hand pieces, transport instruments for sterilization, I.D. any inoperable equipment, light lab work, document patient records as dentist dictates information, & comply with all standards & policies & procedures of the department.
- Provide chairside assistance to the dentist, utilizing proper four handed dentistry procedures and observing universal precautions/protocols and sterile techniques
- Compliance with hospital, health center and departmental policies and procedures
- Assumes the standards of care related to infection control; all OSHA guidelines & safety are upheld at the station they are assigned.
- Takes, exposes, develops and mounts radiographs properly (when applicable).
- Maintain dental operatory in an organized and clean fashion. Assures that appropriate instruments and supplies are available
- Assures patients comfort while waiting for the dentist.
- Cleans instruments and prepares them for sterilization
- Sterilizes and/or disinfects instruments and hand pieces following guidelines of the Dental Department Infection Control Manual
- Documents patient records as dictated by dentist. Assists the dentist in filling out charts accurately and processing the patients forms and records
- Pours and trims patient study models in the dental laboratory. Complete laboratory forms accurately
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and age related criteria pertinent to the patients served in his/her assigned area
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma
1 year experience of chairside dental assisting
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please . Please to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $43,532.66 - $45,909.84 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please
Location: Brooklyn, NY