Are you looking for a meaningful career making a difference in our local communities? Are you passionate about health equity? Do you enjoy helping people?
Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center is one of the largest community health centers in Massachusetts serving Worcester, Framingham, Milford and the surrounding communities. We are a thriving and growing organization, and our team is expanding across sites to support this growth.
We are currently hiring a Dental Hygienist based in Milford MA. The Dental Hygienist will be responsible for cleaning and polishing teeth, instructing patients in good oral hygiene habits and after care for dental treatments, providing other preventative dental care, and working chairside as needed. As part of the team-based approach to care, the Dental Hygienist will participate in coordinating care for patients, will support patients and families in self-management through evidenced-based approaches, will engage in health center projects that are aimed at specific patient populations, and will utilize effective and appropriate communication strategies such as health literacy approaches when working with patients.
As an employer of choice, our inclusive workplace environment fosters teamwork, accountability and respect and supports the growth and development of each employee. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace the richness of the diversity of our staff and community. You are a good fit for our team if you’re passionate about helping people live healthier lives and enjoy working in a supportive, team-based environment.
- Actively participates in maintaining a patient recall system
- Applies patient markers to adequately determine the correct patient is present for the dental appointment.
- Accurately completes the dental record, providing all necessary information relating to oral hygiene, Periodontal status, probing depths, attachment loss, and accurate charting of the current oral condition.
- Completes notes after each procedure.
- Demonstrates competency and proficiency in oral prophylaxis, with a thorough understanding of each instrument and its function.
- Demonstrates competency and proficiency in Scaling and Root Planning.
- Adequately documents the Periodontal status of the patient, documenting gingival tissue characteristics, sulcus depths, mobility, calculus levels, and radiographic findings.
- Demonstrates proficiency in radiograph processing and alerts the Dentist to pathology.
- Adheres to the standard of care in infection control procedures and protocols during patient care.
- Demonstrates competency and proficiency in placing sealants.
- Maintains complete dental records and documentation is thorough and coherent.
- Participates in instrument processing/disinfection/wrapping after dental procedures.
Full Job Description Available Upon Request.
- Graduate of a accredited US school of Dental Hygiene.
- MA Dental Hygienist license.
- Our health center requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID19 and Flu.
- 2.5 years post-graduate experience as a dental hygienist preferably in a community or public health setting.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Portuguese, or other language identified by Department as a need.
- Certification in delivering local anesthesia in state of Massachusetts.
- Kennedy Community Health seeks to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health benefits start on first day of employment. Company pays 79% of health insurance Premiums.
- Competitive time off packages
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistants Program 100% paid for by employer
- Health benefits coverage for same-sex domestic partners, transgender health benefits.
Powered by JazzHR