Job title: Dental Receptionist
Company: Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center
Job description: Are you looking for a meaningful career making a difference in our local communities? Are you passionate about health equity? Do you enjoy helping people?
Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center is one of the largest community health centers in Massachusetts serving Worcester, Framingham, Milford and the surrounding communities. We are a thriving and growing organization, and our team is expanding across sites to support this growth.
We are currently hiring a Dental Receptionist based in Framingham MA. The Dental Receptionist is responsible for patient registration, completion of subsidized health insurance applications, insurance verification, assessing patient eligibility for state and federal health insurance entitlements and educating patients pertaining to related entitlements/programs, data entry and clerical duties.
As an employer of choice, our inclusive workplace environment fosters teamwork, accountability and respect and supports the growth and development of each employee. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace the richness of the diversity of our staff and community. You are a good fit for our team if you’re passionate about helping people live healthier lives and enjoy working in a supportive, team-based environment.
- Responsible for the daily management and coordination of schedules, including, but not limited to, confirming a complete schedule of all appointment slots for each provider; verifying that the correct appointment is given and the appropriate amount of time is given for the procedure.
- Responsible for tracking no show appointments; filling any empty appointment time slots; and coordinating emergency/walk in visits into the schedule.
- Verifies insurance information for all scheduled patients and directs patients with invalid insurance to the appropriate resources. Collects appropriated co-payment fees at time of visit. Attaches the correct insurance to the dental appointment.
- Maintains accurate financial recordings of all cash transactions. Processes receipts and records transactions in the receipt journal. Sends all appropriate transaction receipts to accounting, billing and scans documents to the record.
- Processes all patient visits by verifying patient identity, insurance, and completing all necessary documents such as medical history, consent forms, HIPPA forms, face sheet, and triage form when necessary.
- Greet patients in a pleasant manner, taking the time to answer questions. Answer phones promptly and with courtesy.
- Manage encounter forms and report on encounter control sheet on a daily basis. In addition, processes a monthly encounter control form that summarizes the results for the month
- Tracks lab cases and schedules appointments according to departure/arrival dates. Maintains reporting on total number of lab cases/provider.
- Actively monitors and directs patients from the waiting list to active patient status.
Full job description available upon request.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Portuguese.
- Substitutions Allowed: Bilingual language fluency may be substituted with other language as needed by Health Center.
- Strong computer skills including typing, familiarity with Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer, and accurate data entry typing.
- 1-2 years work experience within a position requiring the use of excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Our health center requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID19 and Flu.
- Associates degree or certification within a healthcare-related discipline (Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, Billing/Coding, Medical Office Administration, etc).
- Experience with health insurance entitlement programs, benefits/restrictions, and eligibility requirements.
- Kennedy Community Health seeks to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health benefits start on first day of employment. Company pays 79% of health insurance Premiums.
- Competitive time off packages
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistants Program 100% paid for by employer
- Health benefits coverage for same-sex domestic partners, transgender health benefits.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Framingham, MA