Job title: Front Desk Receptionist - Dental (Evening - Part Time)
Company: Community Health Connections
Job description: Description :
Make an impact in your community through a career in health care!
Community Health Connections (CHC), founded on February 25, 2002, is a mainstay for compassionate care, regardless of income or insurance status. We have over 20 years of experience as a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving everyone who comes through our doors; including low income, underinsured, uninsured, publicly housed, and homeless populations, in 35 cities and towns in North Central Massachusetts.
Under the general supervision of the Dental Manager, the Front Desk Receptionist manages the arrival and departure of patients seeking services at the Dental Department. The responsibilities of the Front Desk Receptionist include answering the telephones, checking patients in and out of the clinic, registering new patients as well as updating existent patient information in the appropriate practice management software system, printing encounter forms, booking appointments, cash reconcilliation, and other duties as assigned.
- Receives and directs incoming patients
- Registers new patients into the system accurately and in a timely fashion
- Reviews and updates existing patient information related to demographics and insurance
- Follows established health center protocol for the check-in, encounter form production, and check-out
- Assists walk-in patients with obtaining appointments and/or picking up prescriptions or completed forms
- Answer multi-line phones, directing calls as appropriate and taking accurate messages, distributing to appropriate provider of staff person.
- Places reminder calls to patients with upcoming appointments
- Follows established health center protocol for daily cash reconciliation
- Schedules walk-in appointments and in collaboration with appropriate clinical staff
- Schedules patient appointments according to established protocol
- Copies dental records as requested by patients, insurance companies, and other outside sources
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese preferred.
- 1-year similar work experience dental or medical office environment preferred
- Computer skills for accurate data entry
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading, writing and speaking in English
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, high telephone call volume office environment
Skills : Microsoft Office Experience (Word, Excel,etc): Novice
Medical terminology: Novice
Medical office experience: Novice
Bilingual (Portuguese/Eng.): Novice
Bilingual (Spanish/Eng.): Novice
Behaviors : Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Motivation : Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Education : High School
Experience : 1 years: Similar work experience dental or medical office
Location: Leominster, MA